Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Music is powerful.

Last post I talked about how iv'e been letting go when writing, and writing from my core. This has continued to inspire me musically. I have also been struggling with being stuck where I'm at and not being able to change in the way I want to. I've noticed thats something a lot of people relate to, wanting to change, but not being able to. I was feeling really frustrated about this yesterday so I lit a candle and put all of that frustration and emotion into the mic.. It felt liberating to get those thoughts off of my mind and into a song! I felt like a new woman by the end of the song ;) Music is powerful, and I feel blessed that I get to experience it first hand everyday.

 I am also now working with The Brickhouse Band here in Seattle! They are so awesome, and these past few weeks working with them have been so much fun. I did my first show with them on 1/27 at The Fairmont Olympic Hotel. It was a gorgeous venue and was one of the most rewarding shows I've done.. it was so relaxed and exciting. We were all so happy to be there, and it was really good to get out, party on stage, and be with great people. I lock myself in my studio most every day working and to get out and have a good time was refreshing, I am so excited for our upcoming shows! We will be going to Juneau, Alaska in March, which will be amazing! Ive never been to Alaska, and I hear it is beautiful..really pumped!

One thing that I have really been working on is perfecting my craft. I have been disciplining myself to write, work on vocal technique, play piano, etc EVERY single day. It gets really hard to find the time with all the business side of things, fan mail,  submissions for TV/Film, etc. Luckily, I am interviewing this week for my new assistant, this is so exciting for me..I won't have to be doing everything alone any more! Which means, I get more time to make music and do what I love! Ive already started my new daily practices, and its amazing what dedication and commitment do. I have improved so much, and am feeling good about where I'm headed.

I could ramble on for another hour about all the awesome new improvements and changes going on, this year is headed in a great direction.. I can't wait to continue to share my journey with you. Thank you for taking time to read about my experiences and my career, you are always appreciated!

Much Love,
Tiffany
http://www.tiffanyparker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment